Garnet Supply / Quality Issues 2017-09-12T20:59:10+00:00

Home Forums Rockheads In Need Of Assistance Garnet Supply / Quality Issues

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    #11691 |

We are being told there is a garnet shortage – something to do with India and their mines. Barton came to our facility and told us the following .. ‘there is a garnet shortage. If you buy from us in the next 30 days, we will not erase you from our system as a customer. If you don’t, we will not sell you garnet when you call us.’ Barton anticipated GMA running out. GMA is in fact having supply issues related to their bagging line in Pennsylvania. As well, we were told that GMA is now supplying Europe from Pennsylvania because Indian supply has shortened.

Has anyone had this experience or know anything about it?

Alex Bazdar
    Participant

Yes, we have the same issue. I just bought 40,000 lbs of China garnet from a distributor in Toronto. No issues running it so far. I also am waiting on a full shipment from GMA but that is still a couple weeks out and we had run out.

Thanks
    Alex
    Classic Rock

Justin justinz@andrewlauren.com
    Participant

We also had the same issue with Barton a few months back. I found a company by the name of GMA Garnet , that sources their materials from Australia. Premium grade garnet with a lot less fill than some of the cheaper brands. Phone number is 1-832-243-9300. I believe they have distribution out of California and Texas. First order can be paid with credit card, until terms get set up.

Justin Z
    Andrew Lauren Surfaces

pmenninger
    Participant

What I know is when you put a shovel in the ground up & down the east coast, you can find large pockets of garnet. Formed by the retreating of the glaciers during the ice age, ………..the reason the mountains from the Shenandoah Valley upwards to the great lakes are so smoothed and rounded.

Barton has a distributorship in Chesapeake VA, and we do not have any problems that I am aware, but will check. We also pick up, and avoid their hassle, and out cost….they like that.

Paul

JRErickson
    Participant

Paul, are you suggesting that I get in my truck and drive to Shenandoah Valley and shovel it myself?

pmenninger
    Participant

Jeff,

Consider the value of your time. At $0.19/#, it has a good ROI…..lol

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.